Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Who is P90 Girl?

I had come to hear about this young lady through a mutual friend, Adella Escandar (Adella Relentless) a little over a year ago.  Since I first became friends with her, I was intrigued by her choice of the P90, but she has taken a little different road than the rest of it and SHE ROCKS IT!!! I've also enjoyed as I'm sure many of you have her resent appearances on Slaydies night and just the other night on BBRMilSims  YouTube channel. We are truly humbled and honored to have Aleeia provide this post below that give a great insight of who she is and how she fits into the world of airsoft...
     


Who is P90 Girl? I have five P90s of different builds and brands to satisfy my airsofting obsession. They've been the only airsoft guns I've owned for the last four years, and I've only been hitting the airsoft fields for a little more then that. So why the P90? And Why should you know who I am? My brothers starting playing airsoft as ‘Walmart Warriors’ with an ex-boyfriend of mine a couple months before I joined them, but when my family does something, they go all out. A couple weeks after their Walmart purchases, my dad started to sling plastic as well and the boys in my family were decked out in way to much gear and way to fancy guns that left my mother in awe at the cost of this sport. At my first game at the local outdoor field, I had borrowed my brother’s first gun, a G&G M4. My first experiences with airsoft were terrible.
It was hot outside, I kept getting the famous Georgia burrs stuck in my hair and clothes, I couldn't figure out how to take the gun off safety, and no matter which way I put the mag in,
it was always wrong. But I still came back next weekend, not willing to admit defeat. That’s when my dad, the now famous Tech, Marvin, told me to use my brother’s P90 which he had left for dead for his new XCR. This mag was easy to put in, and the safety was easy to turn off too. It wasn't very heavy and I finally got my first kill. That’s when the love was born, and a couple months after, I had claimed the gun and was starting to be referred to as the girl with the P90. Once I got that first kill, Airsoft had opened up its doors to me. After that, my family jumped head first into the airsofting world. My dad began using his skills and started to work on and build airsoft guns. My brothers started a sponsored traveling team called Mad Crew Airsoft, that went around the south east states. I had found my spirit gun, and ended up with a collection of P90s that fit every need, thanks to my dad. I had fallen in love with the feel of them. I've used lots of other airsoft guns since then, and I have other favorites, but the P90 is the only one that speaks to my soul. I feel like I play better with it, and that’s how I ended up with a P90 DMR build, A DSG P90 complete with a drum mag and a Fat Mag, A back stock P90, A King Arms P90 for the trademarks, and of course, Waffles, the famous CQB P90 that started the obsession back in
2011. Would I really try another replica gun? Maybe. But for me to spend money on another gun, it’d have to be one heck of a gun. But why should you know who I am? I’ve played airsoft almost every weekend since 2011. I’ve played at every strictly airsoft field in central Georgia enough to know the regulars and store owners. I get enough practice so I know I can’t be that bad at airsoft. Airsoft led me to meet all different types of people and airsofters, and even lead me to some of my closes friends. With all of this, I knew enough about airsoft in the Georgia platform and I knew a lot of airsofters. I could make a difference in the way airsoft was in Georiga. That was my goal, Airsoft had become my life. It gave me that sense of adrenaline as well as acceptance. I wanted to introduce airsoft to everyone, especially women. The field can be a pretty intimidating place for a girl. But playing with guns, winning objectives, getting kills is a great way to learn confidence which is something that everyone, especially women, in today’s harsh world should have. I wanted to be an inspiration to show women and girls that they have the strength and dignity to learn, grow, strive, and live life to their fullest potential despite what anyone else says. I was a very socially awkward and quiet high school-er, it wasn't till airsoft that I broke down walls. I started an all-female airsoft team called Black Sunset to break down the intimidation factor and help girls get started in the sport, as well as break down stereotypical standards. I want to be an advocate to encourage girls to get into the sport and change the game as well as help break down insecurities. Women like Adella Relentless and Sisu from American Milsim pretty much sweat confidence and really express what it means to be a female airsofter. I want to be like them!
I recently was able to go to California to play airsoft, thanks to a supportive boyfriend, and I got to live the dream and appear YouTube channels that I could only fathom about being on last year. I get tons of messages of people asking for my advice on P90s, Guns, fields, and all of this stuff. My opinion only matters because of airsofters like you guys. If it wasn't for airsoft, I wouldn't have a voice, and if wasn't for the airsofters who cared what I had to say
my voice wouldn't matter. I still plan to change the way Georgia Airsoft is, and grow the community. I’ve gotten further then I ever imagined I would with airsoft. So why should you know who I am? That’s something you’ll have to answer for yourself. But at least now you know who I am. I’m P90 Girl. I’m 22 years old this weekend. I’m a certified EMT. I have five P90s. Video Game High School is my favorite show. My Gerbils names are Trigger and Trishot. My car is bright blue. I play everything with an airsoft gun, indoor outdoor, CQB, MilSim, you name it. I always want to know where airsoft is headed and whatever the next greatest thing is. And I want to know who you are. I also want you to read the Warrior Blog a lot because without Padre' I wouldn't have been able to tell you this story.


Aleeia

You can find Aleeia @

https://www.facebook.com/p90girl
http://instagram.com/tictac_attack

Aleeia sitting in for Padre' out...



  

https://www.facebook.com/thunderkissnw?ref=br_tfhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bunker/259055134177411


1 comment: