Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gun Review of the Well MB-02 / VSR-10 by Padre'

 WELL MB-02 / VSR-10 Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle



 Specifications:- 400 fps (0.2 g BB) / Range 200-250 feet
- Barrel Length: 17.5 inches 

- Overall length: 39.5 Inches
- Weight 6.8 pounds
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
 

Features:- Integrated top and front rails
- Adjustable Hop-Up
- Bipod and Scope included
- Made in China
 

Pros:  Full stock that was well finished (only had one small rough spot). Good quality scope that included the mounts. The bipod that is included was much heavier duty than I had expected, it folds down easily and quietly and expands with a twist of the shaft. It includes one 30 round magazine that snaps firmly into the bottom of the stock. This has a mounted front and rear sling loop for the included sling. Rail on the top is nice and long and mounted solidly and will accept other optics. The short rail on the bottom is just long enough to but the bipod and another small accessory such as a laser. After the initial setup of the rifle, I found that it shot about 396 fps. Ungrade kit and extra magazines are readily available. The box also included a un-jamming
rod and a small pack of sample bbs. Finally, this as a easy to adjust hop-up on the left side of the barrel.

Cons:
Rough spot by the trigger guard had to sanded down do to a sharp edge (very small but sharp!) Bolt is touchy - it must be firmly moved forward or it will not fire. Plastic trigger, trigger box and guard. Barrel needed cleaned out due to grease from manufacturing. Sling while adequate was not very usable. Not great accuracy but very acceptable for me, 12" grouping at 150'.


Thoughts:
 My goal for this rifle, when I purchased it was for it to be a dual use Scout / Sniper. It has a good feels and is short and light enough to be able to run quickly without feeling like I am loaded down. I originally looked at upgrading it with the AirSplat kit, http://www.airsplat.com/items/AC-UPI-MB02-KIT.htm, but found that the FPS was right in the range that I wanted. I was also pleased to find that magazines were readily available http://www.airsplat.com/items/AR-WELL-MB2-MAG.htm and that they fit and work just as well as the original. I have since painted it to fit into that more desert area that I live in now. I did find that the hopup was way out of adjustment when I first set up the rifle and does need to be readjusted is I change bb weights, but that is a minimal change needed. Overall is has filled the roll that I purchased it for nicely and it now has over 1,000 shots through it with no problems so far. 


Padre' out...


http://www.airsplat.com/ 

   The Warriors on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment