Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Faded Giant 3 After Action Report

The Faded Giant 3 After Action Report
Adella Relentless

As most of you may know this was my first time ever attending an American Milsim Event. Let alone one on the east coast. I was lucky enough to be able to attend this amazing event on behalf of my newest Event Sponsors AirSplat. Walking into this I wasn't sure what to expect. I've heard many things about this event all from how fun the event was to how extreme it can get. People literally breaking out into fist fights and the type of mind games that are played at these kinds of events differ greatly than your normal walk on play or rogue op. I was very pleased to say that as far as I am aware, no fist fights broke out but the intensity was definitely there.

The first thing I'd have to say about this event is how impressed I was about the organization, effort and time that the guys over at American Milsim put into an event of this scale. They are very strict with their schedule and when they say guns up at 0900 they mean it! Mission briefs, introductions all begin sharply. It definitely gives you that Milsim experience of having to be on time.

Now lets talk about the fun game play that takes place. I would have to say the one thing that makes this game so fun are the props. Not only are these props difficult to obtain but they are some of the most realistic type of props you could ever use! Everything from computers to download codes all the way to obtaining the routers and servers in order to obtain said codes! It is unlike anything I have ever seen before! Not only are these missions something that you will want to part take in they are some of the most INTENSE parts of the game. Holding down a room for 15 minutes while your OPFOR are working their hardest to break in can be a pretty heavy situation. During each passing second you are feeling the heat of the moment and the adrenaline of energy just waiting to lay on that trigger. Since there are zero minimum engagement distance rules you can only image the amount of bb rain that comes pouring into a door the second the opposing force enters that room.

I do have to say as much fun as this game play can be it can also be very dangerous. We did have an unfortunate incident where one of the AMS staff Members, JP did take an unfortunate fall. Due to the fact he wasn't wearing a bump helmet he happen to land on the side of his face during a prisoner exchange mission. It completely sliced the top of his ear into a very mangled mess. Luckily enough he is okay, he had to undergo a few stitches but in the end we are glad to hear he is alive and breathing. Now despite how dangerous this scenario may seem I can assure you that the AMS staff takes EVERY precaution that they can to ensure the safety of everyone who is involved during their operation. I can easily say that despite the crazy and intense moments I felt very safe and that I could enjoy myself to the fullest.

So to sum up all of my hooplah, this event was COMPLETELY UNFORGETTABLE! and it comes with many high recommendations from myself! The staff is very welcoming and friendly always willing to answer questions. They put such strong effort and strength into their game play and they are event coordinators that by the end of the day you know their best interest is that you have a great time out there and you walk away feeling like it was worth every penny! I can easily say that I am a solid customer of the AMS crew and I look forward to attending some of their future events! So if you ever get the chance to experience their larger games such as Faded Giant or Ironclad my suggestion is you should take it! I guarantee you wont be disappointed 


For more information on American Milsim and future events check out their website
www.AmericanMilsim.com
Facebook.com/AmericanMilsim
Instagram@AmericanMilsim

Feel Free to Check Out my Event Sponsors
www.AirSplat.com
Facebook.com/AirSplat
Instagram@AirSplat

-Adella Relentless
Facebook.com/AdellaRelentless
Instagram@Adella_Relentless
Twitter@Ev8Relentless
Youtube.com/Ev8Group





Adella Relentless sitting in for Padre' out...



  
http://airsoftikaika.weebly.com/The Warriors on YouTube
https://www.facebook.com/bbbastardhttps://www.facebook.com/thunderkissnw?ref=br_tfhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bunker/259055134177411


No comments:

Post a Comment